26 December 2013

Accomplished yet empty

It was six past ten in the morning when I got out of the taxi in front of the U.S. Embassy in Manila, in a little bit of a rush as the passport renewal window was only open until 11 A.M. I put my sunglasses on as the sun hit my eyes that lacked sleep as I had come from an early morning misa de gallo. I walked across the sidewalk in a rather thick jacket. It was sunny yet still cool with light wind blowing through my hair. Ahead of me, in front of a small beige building lined with steel doors and capped with a dark green roof, was a large white tent underneath which stood several queues made up with white chains strung across white posts where crowds lined up early in the morning for visa applications. Today however, there was no crowd and I came up to a security guard behind a large wooden podium, shrouded underneath a red tent.

Read the full entry here >>



Read this and other writings on Musings and Mania

No comments:

Post a Comment